A voltage stabiliser, also known as a voltage regulator, is a device used to maintain a constant voltage level for electrical or electronic equipment.
The benefits of installing a Voltage Stabiliser are as follows:
- Voltage fluctuations: The electrical supply from the grid may experience voltage fluctuations due to various reasons such as variations in load, faults in the distribution network or power generation issues. These fluctuations can cause problems for sensitive electronic devices. A voltage stabiliser helps mitigate these fluctuations and provides a stable voltage output, ensuring the proper functioning and longevity of your equipment.
- Voltage-sensitive equipment: Certain equipment, such as computers, servers, medical devices and laboratory instruments, are highly sensitive to voltage changes. Even minor voltage variations can lead to data loss, system crashes, or damage to delicate components. A voltage stabiliser protects such equipment by delivering a steady voltage within a specified tolerance range.
- Power surges: In addition to voltage fluctuations, power surges or spikes can occur when there is a sudden increase in voltage. Power surges can result from lightning strikes, power grid issues or switching operations in the electrical system. These surges can cause significant damage to connected devices. Our voltage stabilisers includes surge protection features, safeguarding your equipment from such sudden voltage spikes.
- Voltage regulation in remote areas: In some areas with unreliable or fluctuating power supply, voltage stabilisers are necessary to ensure a consistent voltage level for connected devices. This is especially important for critical infrastructure like communication systems or industrial applications that require a stable power supply for proper operation.
- Energy efficiency: Voltage stabilisers also help to optimise energy consumption. which can help improve the overall efficiency of your electrical system. By balancing the phases and maintaining a stable voltage level this eliminates unnecessary voltage fluctuations, which will reduce energy wastage and lower your energy costs.
- Phase balancing: Modern devices with Switch Mode Power Supplies (SMPS) are designed to tolerate minor voltage fluctuations. However, Inverters are very sensitive to phase imbalance, therefore, if you have sensitive or critical inverter driven equipment or if you frequently experience voltage or phase balance related issues, a voltage stabiliser will be a valuable investment to protect your devices, ensure their reliable operation and greatly improve your ROI.